Tuesday 19 April 2016

David Drake - Behance

I came across these images whilst on the explore page of Behance and I was instantly drawn to them due to the bright pink neon lights in each image. As I am a fan of the band The 1975 (singer Matt Healy) that these images were taken for there singles that were released for their new album I already knew they had a purpose. All of the words/sentences in the images are song titles of their singles.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/32619683/The-1975-Neon-Signs









When I was viewing this images I instantly put word to image.

'NANA' - the living room in the image is a stereotypical house of an elderly woman with old fashioned furnishings which goes with the word 'Nana' and you wonder if this living room is the actual living room of the Nan to Matt Healy.

'LOVE ME' - The scene is a hospital which makes me think they are trying to get across 'love me no matter what problems I am facing at the minute'.

'The Sound' - This to me looks like a tunnel in the underground station so I thought of 'the sound of the underground' when I saw this image.

'UGH!' - This scene is a messy bedroom with cigarettes and alcohol strewn around the floor which makes me assume the person is having a bad time as the stereotypical "Ugh!" is what you say when you are frustrated/angry.

'Lost my head' - The image is of a roof top which I immediately associate with suicide and the fact that it says lost my 'head' it makes me feel they have become mentally unwell due to an emotionally tough time and have thought about suicide.

'THIS MUST BE MY DREAM' - The scene is a beach with nice blue sea and stereotypically when you think of a dream place you imagine it to be by the sea with nice scenery so I thought of this being the singers dream place to be.

'IF I BELIEVE YOU' - The image is of the inside of a church and I immediately think of religion so the word believe fits well with religion as you either believe or you don't.

These images have inspired me to want to put words with images but I'm not sure how I would go about doing it so I could set myself a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment