Friday 22 April 2016

Raphael Vicenzi - Inspiration

https://www.behance.net/gallery/35144559/Bilocation

I really like these images as even though the faces have been manipulated in some way or another, the images still look pleasantly dream-like to view, the artist hasn't made them appear to be creepy or provoke a negative reaction by changing the face but has kept the whole pretty theme used light colours (associated with good mood, summer, spring and more) which add to the positive, girly vibe within the image.

I would like to try and create something similar by cloning the face in a portrait using Photoshop once or twice or possibly more. I however might not stick to the positive them but perhaps try and create a new reaction by creating something that has connotations of a scary theme like dark colours, black eyes, blur, dark background and maybe props associated with horror like knives or candles. Although I do not often use Photoshop I could experiment with techniques.






These images reminded me of a face swap feature on a photo messenger app called Snap Chat. Due to the effects it creates not being very good, the face swaps are often very distorted and the results can be amusing or scary. Even though it doesn't always do what it is supposed to do (swap 2 peoples faces) it still creates an interesting reaction that you still enjoy seeing. I could perhaps try something similar by perhaps creating my own distorted face swaps and see what outcome I can achieve.





No comments:

Post a Comment